- Moving Malta
- About Us
- Property Management & Holiday Rentals
Malta enjoys a favourable commercial and industrial climate that has come about thanks to its solid background, stable political and economical framework as well as its highly regarded regulatory framework. With over 250 foreign owned businesses on the island, Malta’s strategic geographic position is making it a regional hub for the provision of business related services, notably in the financial, i-gaming, back-office services, information technology, aircraft registration & maintenance and maritime services. Malta’s highly skilled and competitive labour costs have also been vital in sustaining this success.
Companies are generally taxed at a flat rate of 35% on their chargeable income and capital gains. The Maltese tax legislation, includes numerous measures to attract the setting up of companies operating internationally and holding structures. These are in the form of refunds of tax paid to shareholders of a Maltese company and refunds of tax paid to foreign companies having a Maltese branch. Gains realised from transfer of shares, securities, and certain other intangible property, is treated as part of the income for the year and are taxed at 35%.
The Financial Services sector has become one of the pillars of the Maltese economy growing extensively following Malta’s membership into the European Union. Adopting a serious approach to regulation with embedded flexibility has enabled Malta to establish itself as a reputable Financial Services jurisdiction. In addition, Malta’s state of the art telecommunication facilities, comparatively low office and employment costs, as well as the availability of a well educated and skilled multilingual workforce have all contributed to attracting extensive foreign investment to the Islands.
Reasons why to set up your business in Malta
• state-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure
• a “can do” attitude
• highly qualified and skilled workforce (English is an official language)
• strategic geographical location
• convenient time-zone
• Tax in Malta: extensive double taxation treaty network and other double taxation relief mechanisms (Malta has concluded over 50 double taxation treaties)
• Excellent and sound banking system
• comparatively low running costs, rent and wages
• stable political environment and democratic government
• stable economy
• a Schengen member state
• Climate and a renowned cosmopolitan lifestyle make it one of the most reliable international business, financial and maritime centres world-wide.
Relocating your business is a decision that requires assistance and guidance from professionals. Let us help... get in touch!