Forgot Password ?
Houses of Character
Zejtun
3,500
*monthly
021372

Houses of Character

Zejtun

Available

021372




3,500

*monthly

ADD TO 

PROPERTY BOX

An expertly-converted and designer-finished corner HOUSE OF CHARACTER finished with a modern style which further brings out the beautiful old features which complement this property. Property is being offered partly furnished with furnishings including a fully-fitted kitchen equipped with high-end appliances, air-conditioning units, queen-sized bed and walk-in wardrobes among others. Accommodation is in the form of a welcoming entrance hall leading to a kitchen / dining room, study room, guest toilet and a large mill room as a living area. The large central courtyard enjoys a kidney-shaped swimming pool and deck area. All three double bedrooms have an en-suite bathroom, sitting area and enjoy the luxury of a large terrace or balcony overlooking the pool area. All rooms surround the central courtyard and swimming pool making this corner property a haven of bright natural light. Complementing this House of Character is a large one car, street level lock-up garage and a wine cellar. PROPERTY IS ALSO FOR-SALE.

PROPERTY 

SPECIFICATIONS

Corner
Yes
No of Bedrooms
3
Guest Toilet
1
En-suite
3
Open Plan
Yes
Kitchen Dining
1
Living Room
1
Study
Yes
Entrance Hall
1
Garage (Lock Up)
Yes
Garage No of cars
1
Garage Level
Street level
Garage Type
Private
Washing Machine
Yes
Fridge Freezer
Yes
Airconditioning
Yes
Hob
Yes
Oven
Yes
Utensils
Yes
Linen
Yes
Children Allowed
Yes
Views
Building Views
Courtyard
Yes
Side Terrace
Yes
Cellar
Yes
Location
Inland
Property area (sq mtrs)
250.00
Internal Area
300.00 sq mt
External Area
85.00 sq mt
Swimming Pool
Yes
Total No of Bathrooms
4

LOCALITY 

INFORMATION



Image titleŻejtun's origins lie in antiquity judging by discoveries in the area of Punic tombs and the remains of a large Roman villa complete with cisterns and olive press. Olive oil production here probably continued into Arabic times: the village derives its name from the semitic word `żejt' meaning olive oil. The nearby prehistoric site of Ta' Silġ suggests the area was inhabited even earlier. Żejtun was elevated to town status by the last Grand Master in Malta, Ferdinand de Hompesch, who named it `Citta' Beland' after his mother's lineage. Żejtun, lying near to Marsaxlokk and Marsaskala Bays, was easily open to attack from Barbary Corsairs and the Ottoman Turks. One can still see some fortified houses in the village core. Żejtun today retains much of historical interest. The Parish Church of St Catherine (1692), described as `the cathedral of the South', is perhaps the finest work of Maltese architect Lorenzo Gafà. The Old Parish Church of St Gregory, dating back to 1592, is a fascinating church. In 1969, a secret passage was discovered in the church walls. Intended perhaps as a safe place for villagers when Żejtun was under attack, these passages revealed the skeletal remains of some 80 or so people.

BOOK A 

VIEWING











Where did you hear about us ?
CLEAR FORM
REQUEST A BOOKING